Spinal Manipulation 101: Lumbar Spine / 1 Credit
- Distinguish the relationship between lumbar spinal manipulation, cavitation and zygapophyseal joint gapping.
- Clarify the role of spinal manipulative therapy in the care of acute LBP based on current evidence.
- Explain the state of the literature on utilizing spinal manipulation for radiculopathy.
- Compare spinal manipulation to microdiskectomy as treatments for sciatica based on a recent trial.
- Critique the proposed importance of spinal manipulation in altering the contractile thickness of the Transversus Abdominis.
Course Reviews: reviews in this course are also available in MP3 format
- Relation Between Lumbar Manipulation, Cavitation & Zygapophyseal Joint Gapping
- Spinal Manipulation for Acute Low Back Pain - NASS Review
- Spinal Manipulation for Radiculopathy - Systematic Review
- Spinal Manipulation vs. Microdiskectomy for Sciatica: Randomized Clinical Study
- Spinal Manipulative Therapy & Transversus Abdominus Thickness in Healthy Subjects