Running 101 / 1 Credit
- Compare and critique concepts surrounding the ‘running shoe theory’ and ‘barefoot running theory’ based on existing evidence.
- Evaluate the theoretical constructs of barefoot running.
- Appraise the risk of developing bone marrow edema (BME) in
experienced runners before, and after 10 weeks of running in minimalist
- Describe the state of the literature on the effects of foot orthotics on overpronation and gait.
- Investigate the effects of long-distance marathon running on
articular cartilage biochemical composition using high-field
- Theoretical Perspective on Running-Related Injuries +MP3 (2014)
- Barefoot Running: Current Hypotheses, Clinical Applications and Future Research +MP3 (2014)
- Bone Marrow Edema in Experienced Runners After Switching to Minimalist Footwear +MP3 (2013)
- Reducing Overpronation and Effects of Orthotics on Gait +MP3 (2012)
- Changes in Knee Cartilage After Marathon Running Measured Via MRI