Rehabilitation 101: Chronic Disease / 1 Credit
- Compare slower walking on a moderate incline to faster walking with no incline for moderately obese adults patients.
- Summarize the current state of the literature on exercise interventions for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Explain the utility of interval training for patients with coronary artery disease.
- Support the inclusion of resistance training in exercise programs for aging patients based on existing scientific research.
- Appraise various types of exercise for patients with metabolic syndrome.
Course Reviews: reviews in this course are also available in MP3 format
- Energetics & Biomechanics of Treadmill Walking in Obese Subjects
- Exercise & Type 2 Diabetes - ACSM Position Statement
- Interval Training for Patients with Cardiovascular Disease: Systematic Review
- Resistance Training & Lean Body Mass in Older Adults
- Resistance vs. Aerobic Training for Metabolic Syndrome