Lower Extremity Rehabilitation 102 / 1 Credit
- Explain the pathophysiological mechanisms behind patellofemoral
instability and how these relate to recommended treatment approaches.
- Describe how dysfunction or weakness of hip musculature can contribute to patellofemoral pain.
- Demonstrate the benefit of a targeted hip exercise program for improving knee mechanics.
- Critique the evidence on running shoe prescription.
- Predict which patients with inversion ankle sprains may respond favourably to ankle thrust manipulation.
- Patellofemal Instability - Rehabilitation & Non-Operative Treatment
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome & Hip Muscle Function
- Resistance Training & Hip Mechanics During Running
- Running Shoe Prescription - What is the evidence?
- Thrust vs. Non-Thrust Manipulation for Inversion Ankle Sprains