Low Back Pain - Clinical Research Updates / 1 Credit
- Relate our current understanding of the costs, risks, and potential consequences of imaging overuse for low back pain.
- Outline tests of high diagnostic utility for spinal disorders.
- Recognize the quality of research evidence investigating the effectiveness of medications for low back pain.
- Measure current attitudes of spine surgeons toward multidisciplinary assessment of low back and leg pain patients.
- Summarize the impact of fear avoidance beliefs of both patients and health care providers on low back pain outcomes.
Reviews Included: reviews in this course are also available in MP3 format
- Diagnostic Imaging for Low Back Pain
- Diagnostic Utility of Tests for Spinal Dysfunction
- Medication for Low Back Pain: State of the Literature
- Surgeon Attitudes Toward Non-Physician Patient Screening of Low Back & Leg Pain
- Fear Avoidance Beliefs & Pain Avoidance in Low Back Pain