Hip Rehab 101: Concepts & Techniques / 1 Credit
- Recognize the effects of resistance band placement on gluteal muscle activation during two common exercises.
- Outline hip rehabilitation exercises that best activate gluteal
muscles without simultaneously activating the antagonistic Tensor Fascia
- Examine the effectiveness of isolated hip abductor and external
rotator strengthening on pain, health status, and hip strength in
females with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.
- Appreciate the role of hip strength in governing kinematic variables and muscle activation during single-leg tasks.
- Understand how hip weakness can potentially contribute to knee pain and altered running mechanics.
Course Reviews:reviews in this course are also available in MP3 format
- Effects of Resistance Band Placement on Gluteal Muscle Activation During Two Hip Exercises
- Exercises Targeting Gluteal Muscles Without TFL Activation
- Hip Abductor & External Rotator Strengthening for Women with Patellofemoral Pain
- Lumbopelvic Landing Kinematics in Women with Contrasting Hip Strength
- Effect of Hip Strengthening on Running Mechanics & Single-Leg Squat